CLAUDIA BÖSE, a painter based in Ipswich, Suffolk.
I construct my paintings through process, led by daily life, history and nature. I hope my ongoing engagement with light, colour and forms creates a new perception.
I am inspired and guided by the painterly process and its relation to abstraction; the way I handle paint invites an audience to consider my work without prejudice.
Decisions about when and how I use paint are also strongly guided by my empathy for work which has been created by other women painters.
I am drawn to regions which could be described as, geographical and psychological borderlands, especially those which have been interpreted throughout history by artists and writers.
Recently I began working in a new studio based high in the church tower of a modernist church in Ipswich; this is also adjacent to our allotment.
The very unusual perspective in tandem with attending to plants has already provided a different grounding and enrichment for my work.
- Reside Blog: Maribel Mas
- Reside Blog: Serena Smith
- Reside Blog: Richard Devereux
- Reside Blog: Kate Beck
- Reside Blog: Marion Piper
- Reside Blog: Claudia Böse
- Reside Blog: Bridget H Jackson
- Reside Blog: Michaela Nettell
- Reside Blog: Anthony Boswell
- Reside Blog: Susan Francis
- Reside Blog: Corinna Spencer
- Reside Blog: Karl England